Wednesday 21 October 2015

Single of the Week: Running For You - Kip Moore

Kip Moore was, for many, the surprise act of this year’s Country 2 Country festival…but not for me.

I’ve been a fan of Kip for a long time and I had his debut album, Up All Night, pre-ordered as soon as I was able to. When he was announced for C2C last year, I was delighted. This guy is talented and this guy has been painfully underrated for a long time. But 2015 has felt like the beginning of something that has been a long time coming for the native of Tifton, Georgia.

‘Running for You’ is much like the man himself. It’s real. The vocals are gritty and raw and powerful. Kip often has that badboy, wild image associated with him and songs like 'Beer Money' and '
I’m To Blame' play to this. Yet here shows his tender side, which when it is shown, shines – ‘Hey Pretty Girl’ is a fantastic example of this.

‘If the light starts fading, baby don’t move,
Just say my name, stay right there,
I’ll come running for you’


This is a sweet song with a kick and it starting to gather some steam in the States, with it being country radio’s most added song a few weeks back. His North American tour is selling out and his recent album Wild Ones hit the second spot in the charts. Is 2015 finally the year that Kip Moore breaks out? The signs are looking certainly looking good.